By searching for keywords in each of these communities, we can create a detailed blueprint for engagement. Here’s an example of the communities we identified that were important to personal brand as determined by research and listening.
- Sociology isn’t simply relegated to observation, it encourages and requires full immersion.
- Once you’ve outlined the targeted conversations and who should engage, the process of participation craves a very human approach.
- It starts with respect.
- Participate as a person, not as a marketer, sales person or
- Be helpful and bring value to the conversation.
During this entire process, you’re contributing to the personality and the perception of the brand you represent.
- It’s the only way to earn their respect in return and hopefully their business and loyalty.
- Remember, the lessons learned in the field should in turn be fed into the marketing, customer service, product development, sales, and executive departments.
- This inspires more intelligent, experienced, and real world initiatives across all forms of marketing, PR, sales, service, and advertising.
- Any sociologist will tell you that the best way to truly “go native” in a new culture or society is through immersion.
- However, they’ll caution you on several things.
- Don’t be naive, don’t be ignorant, and don’t get too immersed where you lose your perspective and value.
Becoming the Customer
- In life, you are also customers.
- You buy things.
- You complain about products and services you don’t like.
- You recommend those that you love.
- You have to be a customer to think like a customer.
- You have to have experienced the product or service your represent in order to be empathetic, knowledgeable, and genuine.
- We’ve all heard that in Social Media, we can’t control the message.
- To some extent, we can’t control perception, but we can help steer it.
- Be helpful and ensure that your solutions and benefits are clear in a way that can be understood by the different demographics of users that populate your markets.
- They need to hear things differently across each segment, from the head, to the long tail across every chasm in between.
- It’s not just about the masses, but the niche markets as well.
- The importance of engagement is to ensure that you engage on their terms according to the rules, and culture, across each community.
- Be the people you want to help.